With: Cynthia Eden
Congratulations to "Bn100", the winner in Cynthia's giveaway. Thank you to all who participated!
1) How did you come up with the relationship between Sheriff Hayden Black and Jillian West? I wanted to create characters who’d met under extreme circumstances—Jillian and Hayden immediately sprang to mind for me. In many ways, the two characters are opposites—and it’s those opposite traits that draw them together.
2) What is your favorite part about writing Romantic Suspense books? I love writing romantic suspense novels because I enjoy including twists and turns for my readers. I’m all about action in my stories—and romantic suspense novels help me to keep an action-focused plot.
3) Do you have any traditions you enjoy during early Spring? Heading to the beach is a must for me each spring. I’m lucky to live along the coast, so as soon as the temperatures start to climb, my toes are usually in the sand.
4) When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? Too long ago to remember! I’ve always wanted to be a writer, and even when I was a small kid, I was creating stories. I loved to change up the ending to fairy tales.
5) How long does it take you to write a book? It typically takes me about six weeks to write a book—but I have been writing full-time for over ten years now. So I have a rhythm when I write, and I’m able to use that rhythm to stay on pace with my deadlines.
6) Where do you get your inspiration to write about a foiled kidnapping to tip off the plot? I actually saw a news story about the FBI’s CARD team (Child Abduction Rapid Deployment), and once I learned about that group, I was completely inspired. I knew that my heroine had to be a part of that team, and as I developed her character, I realized the reason she was so passionate about helping victims…well, it was because she’d been an abduction victim herself.
7) How many books have you written? Do you have a favorite? At last count, I’ve written over 90 books. I don’t have a favorite though—when I write a book, *that* book I am writing is my favorite. I am absolutely in love with it while I write. And then I finish that novel and start a new one. The new book then becomes my favorite…it’s a cycle that never ends.
8) What book are you reading right now? I’m reading JUSTICE ASCENDING by Rebecca Zanetti.
9) What are your current projects? I’m very excited about my “Killer Instinct” series with HQN. The first book in that series, AFTER THE DARK, will be launching next month—this is a very dark and sexy romantic suspense series.
10) What advice do you have for writers? Write the stories that appeal most to you. Keep writing and keep reading and never, ever give up on your dreams.
by New York Times and USA Today bestselling author
New York Times bestselling author Cynthia Eden has killer instincts when it comes to breathtaking suspense!
Once the town troublemaker, Sheriff Hayden Black became the teen hero who saved young Jillian West from a savage kidnapper. He never got over their brief affair. Now, Sheriff Hayden Black is an ex-SEAL, and Jillian West is a burned-out FBI agent. They’ve reunited in their Florida hometown and rediscovered their powerful attraction. But as they hunt down a long-forgotten killer, will they get a second chance at happiness?
When a series of accidents begins to plague Jill, Hayden won't let her fall victim again. There's too much history between them—and too much desire.
CYNTHIA EDEN is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She writes dark tales of romantic suspense and paranormal romance. Her books have received starred reviews from Publishers Weekly, and one was named a 2013 RITA® finalist for best romantic suspense. Cynthia lives in the Deep South, loves horror movies and has an addiction to chocolate. More information about Cynthia may be found at www.cynthiaeden.com.
One lucky reader leaving a comment or email entry will win a copy of this book!
Giveaway ends 11:59pm EST March 25th. Please supply your email in the post. You may use spaces or full text for security. (ex. jsmith at gmail dot com) If you do not wish to supply your email, or have trouble posting, please email email@example.com with a subject title of JRS GIVEAWAY to be entered in the current giveaway.