With: Janie Crouch
Congratulations to "Julie O.", the winner in Janie's giveaway. Thank you to all who participated!
It’s release week for ARMORED ATTRACTION, a stand-alone novel that is part of the Omega sector: Critical Response series!
I love this story. Womanizing agent Liam Goetz travels back to his hometown to help stop a human trafficking ring and to finally put to rest his feelings for Vanessa Epperson, the woman who broke his heart. But nothing is as it seems on the beaches of the Outer Banks. Especially Vanessa.
I wanted to share a few fascinating facts about ARMORED ATTRACTION:
1) Liam Goetz is one of the most outrageous characters I’ve ever written. He makes an appearance in the first two books in the series (Special Forces Savior and where he almost gets knocked out cold by fellow agents for kissing their women.
2) The name Liam Goetz comes from two of my friends who live in Indiana, Liam Chalk and Rob Goetz. And are both always willing to take pictures of themselves reading my books.
3) I wanted to begin ARMORED ATTRACTION with a Facebook post the real life Liam mentioned above published a couple of years ago:
I AM JACKED UP ON COFFEE AND RED BULL WHILE RAGING TO GORDON LIGHTFOOT!
I adore Gordon Lightfoot –but his music is hardly the raging type—and thought that post was downright hilarious. I wanted to use it so badly I even asked his permission just in case. Alas, I couldn’t make it work. But I still think it’s a great line.
4) ARMORED ATTRACTION is set in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. For twenty years I lived in Virginia Beach and our family vacationed there often. A lot of people come to Virginia Beach to vacation, Virginia Beachers go to the Outer Banks.
5) The titles for ARMORED ATTRACTION and MAN OF ACTION (book 4 in the Omega Sector: Critical Response series, out in at the end of June) accidentally got switched by my publisher. Liam’s book should’ve been MAN OF ACTION. Here’s the line from the book that references the would-be title:
Everything in him said to get her out of there right now. Liam was a man of action. But he knew in this case, rushing in there, pulling rank—and he could do it—wouldn’t help their cause. Wouldn’t help those girls. Vanessa was strong. She could handle it.
By the time we caught the problem it was too late, but ARMORED ATTRACTION certainly works as the title for this book also
One secret can change everything
It's been eight years since Liam Goetz has seen his ex-fiancé. Vanessa Epperson had everything: beauty, brains…and a family fortune. He chose her, while she chose a life of luxury and never imagined their paths would cross again. An unexpected phone call from Vanessa—desperate for his help in a human trafficking case—resurrects old longings. As they work together to save hostages and catch a predator, Liam begins to learn some shocking truths—about himself and the woman he thought he once knew so well…
Info Excerpt HERE
To celebrate the release of ARMORED ATTRACTION I’m giving away a signed copy of the book to one of the JRS readers who comments below (and have other giveaways on my website). Since we were talking about Gordon Lightfoot tell me, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE STYLE OR DECADE OF MUSIC?
JANIE CROUCH’s books have been nominated for both the 2014 and 2015 Romantic Times (RT) Reviewer’s Choice Award and various other awards. She currently lives on an American military base in Stuttgart, Germany with her hubby and four kids. Unfortunately, ihr Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut zur Zeit. She loves travelling, adventure racing, and movies of all kinds.
Connect with Janie:
Giveaway ends 11:59pm EST June 6th. Please supply your email in the post. You may use spaces or full text for security. (ex. jsmith at gmail dot com) If you do not wish to supply your email, or have trouble posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject title of JRS GIVEAWAY to be entered in the current giveaway.