With: Cynthia Eden
Congratulations to "Liz D." the winner in Cynthia's giveaway. Thank you to all who participated!
My latest romantic suspense novel, TWISTED, is set in the fun and fabulous city of New Orleans, Louisiana. New Orleans is one of my absolute favorite places to visit. I’ve been incredibly fortunate—I just live a little over two hours away from New Orleans, so I’ve been able to visit the Big Easy over and over again. I can never get enough of that place!
Today, I wanted to share my top 5 places to visit in New Orleans. I hope you enjoy the list!
1. Café Du Monde. Okay, I think we all know that beignets and New Orleans pretty much go hand in hand. But the *best* place to have beignets (in my humble opinion) is Café Du Monde. Go late at night (near midnight is fun), and enjoy beignets along the riverfront as you listen to jazz music drift in the air. Awesome.
2. Lafitte’s Blacksmith Shop Bar. So this place is supposed to be haunted…which, of course, is a huge bonus for me…Lafitte’s Bar is the last bar on Bourbon Street, and, from the outside, it looks incredibly small, but what a fun place it is! No trip to New Orleans is complete without at least taking a carriage ride tour that leads you to Lafitte’s. (And if you go via carriage, the nice folks at the bar will bring your drink out to you—total curbside service.)
3. Jackson Square. I love this place—absolutely gorgeous and probably my most inspiring spot in New Orleans. Street performers usually line up around the Square, and, if you’re in the mood to get your fortune told—you can do it right here. There are a line of psychics who sit between the Square and the St. Louis Cathedral (these psychics helped inspire my book, TWISTED).
4. The St. Louis Cathedral. If you’re at the Square, you have to keep going a few feet and step inside the Cathedral. So beautiful! Haunting and lovely.
5. Muriel’s. Ah…my favorite spot to eat and search for ghosts. Muriel’s is a fantastic restaurant (located close to the Square), and a table is always set and prepared for the restaurant’s resident ghost. If you’re looking for some authentic New Orleans food, this is definitely the place for you.
And that’s it…my top five must-visit places in New Orleans. Of course, there are tons more
places to see…the Rev. Zombie’s Voodoo Shop, the WWII Museum, the Aquarium, Harrah’s…I could pretty much go on forever.
Thank you so much for checking out my post! And if you’ve visited New Orleans and you’ve got a favorite spot to share, please do! I’d love to hear about it!
New York Times and USA Today Best-selling Author
Cynthia will be giving away a $15 Amazon or Barnes and Noble gift card to one lucky person leaving a comment or email entry!
TWISTED – Available Now
In the second seductive LOST novel from New York Times bestselling author Cynthia Eden, an obsessed Last Option Search Team agent goes looking for trouble—and finds her in the Big Easy.
Dean Bannon comes to New Orleans for one reason only: to track down a missing sixteen-year-old girl. That’s before he meets the drop-dead gorgeous con artist who makes him want to lose his legendary control.
With her past, Emma Castille doesn’t claim to be psychic. She just notices things other people don’t. Like the fear in a runaway’s eyes—or the pain in an ex-FBI agent’s heart. Her chemistry with Dean is blistering, but Emma follows her passion… not someone else’s orders.
Then a madman breaks into Emma’s home and leaves a twisted message: You’re next. Now Dean refuses to let her out of his sight until he pries every last secret from her full, sexy lips. And suddenly Emma’s aching to give him everything he wants.
Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Kobo | iTunes
Giveaway ends 11:59pm EST May 23rd. Please supply your email in the post. You may use spaces or full text for security. (ex. jsmith at gmail dot com) If you do not wish to supply your email, or have trouble posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject title of JRS GIVEAWAY to be entered in the current giveaway.