By: Misty Dietz
“If you were stranded on an island what ten things (not people) would you most want with you?”
I recently saw this question on another blog, and found myself thinking about it for the rest of the day, both in terms of how I would answer, and how the heroine of my debut COME HELL OR HIGH DESIRE would answer. It was a great diversion! Here’s my list:
1. Pillows. I love pillows. Like, LOVE them. I think my children counted upwards of five dozen of them in our house recently. LOL
2. Soft blankets. I like to cuddle, what can I say?
3. Lots of tools so my man can build us a sturdy shelter. (Are you seeing a pattern here? I love being in nature, but tent-girl I am not.)
4. A Bath and Body Works horde. For soft skin and pretty smells.
5. Weapons — for my husband to use to protect us against critters that want to eat us. Dude. **shudder**
6. Mascara, sun screen, and lip balm. Yes that was three, are you down with that?
8. My iPad (that is currently holding like five thousand books and several audio books).
9. A satellite that will magically give me 4G LTE.
10. Pen and paper. Because I sometimes swing old-fashioned like that. And you never know if you’ll find a bottle floating around…
And now, my heroine Sloane’s list:
1. Her dragonfly hat (see the prize below!!).
3. Blankets. Because when Zack thinks she’s cold, she doesn’t stay that way for long. ;)
4. Blue fingernail polish. Zack’s favorite.
5. A few gauzy white sundresses.
6. A razor and Nair. Because she likes to be bare and with no spa in sight for a trip to her waxologist...
7. Her black tourmaline stone to help focus her psychic energy. Because she wants to know when a ship or plane is on the way so she can build an SOS fire.
8. Her iPod loaded with all her tunes.
9. Pictures of her friends and family.
10. A bunch of Kong toys for Maya and Kiefer – her and Zack’s dogs.
Yay, that was fun! Now how about you? What are some things you absolutely wouldn’t want to live without? I can’t wait to hear your answers because I’m sure I’ve forgotten a lot of important things!
At the end of my blog tour we’ll be drawing the name of two commenters from all of the blogs to gift not one, but two fantastic prize winners. See below for details, and thanks for being here! xo, Misty ;)
“A heroine to root for, a hero to die for, Misty Dietz has crafted a classic romantic suspense in the tradition of Kay Hooper. A winning debut!”
—Allison Brennan, New York Times Bestselling Author
“Dietz brings us a fresh, interesting plot and draws readers into the entertaining story right from the start.” —RT Book Reviews
Torn between dangerous desires…
Framed for a series of brutal murders, rebel-turned-CEO Zack Goldman must go to ground. When he discovers that sexy boutique owner Sloane Swift has a shocking gift—terrifying visions that connect her to his mentor’s missing daughter—he can’t believe her refusal to help him. Nor can he believe he’s actually falling for the frustrating woman.
Their chemistry will either find its perfect equation…
Helping an accused killer ranks low on Sloane’s to-do list, no matter how hot the attraction burns between them. But putting to rest her overwhelming guilt over the missing woman’s fate proves more difficult than she ever imagined...that is, until her heart and conscience begin to align.
…or detonate everything in its path.
As the real killer locks in on Sloane, Zack will stop at nothing to keep her safe. And as they earn each other’s trust—with danger in hot pursuit—they may just lose their hearts in the process…
Misty Dietz Bio:
Misty's love affair with words started in middle school when she penned dark stories set in exotic locales she knew nothing about. In college, her boy-angst spilled over into disturbing reams of poetry. After grad school, real life hit, and the writing went into hibernation until she found her own happily-ever-after with an ultra linear man who is the long-suffering counter-balance to her zig-zagging tendencies. Now, she spends her days writing emotionally complex, adrenaline-fueled stories, teaching Zumba, enjoying her family and friends, and praying her children don't come home with math homework. You may contact Misty through her website, Facebook, or Twitter.